Dontje Joins TR3 Mercedes-AMG Squad for Indy 8H

Photo: Brandon Badraoui/IMSA
Indy Dontje will join TR3 Racing for next month’s Indianapolis 8 Hour presented by AWS, completing the team’s Pro-Am class lineup for the GT World Challenge America powered by AWS season finale.
Dontje, a three-time Rolex 24 at Daytona GTD class winner, will team up with Brayton Williams and Daniel Morad, who are fresh off a breakthrough class win in the most recent GTWC America round at Road America.
“I’m really happy to join TR3 Racing for the Indy 8 Hour,” said Dontje. “I want to say thank you to Daniel for connecting me with Brayton and TR3. Daniel and I have won Daytona together, and our goal is, of course, to win at Indy
“I’m really looking forward to working together with the boys and TR3 Racing. Hopefully we can put everything together and fight for the win.”
Team owner Gregory Romanelli added: “We’re excited to have Indy join us for the 8 Hour. He has been an essential part of Mercedes’ endurance racing program and brings a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge to the team.
“We’ve had incredible pace with Brayton and Daniel throughout the season, and adding a proven driver like Indy will only elevate an already strong lineup.
“We’re looking forward to seeing what this group can accomplish at the 8 Hour.”
Morad won the GTWC America enduro, which doubles as the Intercontinental GT Challenge finale, in 2022 overall.
“It’s been an amazing year so far with Brayton Williams,” he said. “I’ve really enjoyed watching his progression throughout the season and seeing how much he’s learned every weekend. Adding Indy Dontje to the lineup makes this one even more special.
“Indy and I have a great history together, including winning the Rolex 24 at Daytona in 2024, so I know exactly what he brings to a program like this. I think we have a really strong combination of drivers, and I’m looking forward to putting everything together with TR3 for one of the biggest races of the year.”
Source: Sports Car 365
