Bovy Released From Hospital After Watkins Crash

Photo: Joao Filipe/DPPI

Sarah Bovy has been released from hospital after she was admitted and held overnight for observation following her crash in Sunday’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.

Bovy, piloting the No. 83 Iron Dames Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO2, made heavy impact with the barriers at Turn 10 with two and half hours remaining in the race.

IMSA confirmed Bovy was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation in the wake of the crash, with the team later adding that the Belgian stayed overnight for observation as a precaution.

Through a video statement posted to the team’s social media channels on Monday, Bovy confirmed that she had been discharged from the hospital.

“I’m alright,” Bovy said. “I’m out of the hospital and on my way to the airport. I’m going to fly back to Belgium today already.

“I’m feeling okay. Obviously it was a big hit, not so fun. I got a bit shocked in there, but it’s all good after a few hours of sleep.

“So thanks everybody for taking good care of me at the track, in the hospital, my teammates, the team – you’ve been amazing. I can’t wait to be back with you all.

“Thanks for all the messages of support I’ve received. It goes straight to my heart. Hopefully I’ll be back in the car very soon and do better.”

No word has been given on Bovy’s status for this weekend’s CrowdStrike 24 Hours of Spa, where she is scheduled to team up alongside Rahel Frey and Michelle Gatting in Bronze Cup.



Source: Sports Car 365